Angkor Wat One Day Temple Hopping Guide

2:18 PM



Back on November when I went to Bali and toured around their ancient temples, I realized that I'm not the kind of person fond with temples. Honestly speaking, after seeing three to five of it, it looks almost the same to me and makes me feel bored. But even before that realization kicked in I've always wanted to see the famous Angkor Wat. I read blogs that other people spend 3 days or more to see everything but with my personality I know that a day going around would probably be enough. So when I'm drafting my 8 days trip to Thailand,it was too much to spend solely in BKK so I changed the last 2 Days of my trip and head to Siem Reap, Cambodia to visit the Angkor Wat Archaeological Park.

Here's my 2D/1N Travel Itinerary in Siem Reap, Cambodia:
Day 6 TUESDAY

7:30 AM Head to Mochit 2 Bus terminal via Cab , cost 140 baht from Khao San area (BKK Thailand)
9:00 AM 🚌 Travel to Siem Reap Cambodia Via Bus from BKK Thailand

👌👌👌 Details you might need to know :

Book a direct bus online at : https://bookmebus.com/ to avoid the hassle of going an hour earlier to buy bus ticket, and make sure to bring your printed e-tickets. Once you arrived at the terminal, find the orange ticket booth with ’’NORTHERN 99 &999 BUS TICKET CENTER” and exchange your e-ticket for physical ticket (so it's not really e-ticket but just a confirmation, false ad!!!) More on the blog : http://www.movetocambodia.com/transportation/review-direct-bus-from-bangkok-to-siem-reap/

When the bus was near the border there was someone that offered foreigners for faster visa processing in a higher rate and as what I've read in other blogs it's scam, so beware! Note that for Filipinos like me, there's no need for visa in entering Cambodia. Oh and another thing, when I was in the Cambodian immigration to have my passport stamped, the officer tried to ask for 100 Baht before doing it but hell with him, I didn’t pay! At the end he had no choice but stamp my passport anyway. So please don't be dumb, know the right process and be firm on it!
6:00 PM ETA to Siem Reap , Checkin at Angkorpark Guesthouse
Address: Krong SIem Reap,Cambodia (walking distance to Pub Street and Night Market)
8:00 PM Night Market and Dinner at Pub Street



Day 7 WEDNESDAY
If you're keen going by yourself and not hiring any tour guide then you can follow the sequencing of temples we had visited to beat the crowd. Along with my Pinay fellow-travellers, we hired a tuk-tuk driver recommended by our guesthouse receptionist to drive us around the Angkor site. Mr. Hong can speak English well and was a nice guy. I totally recommend him!!
Mr. Hong Contact Number : +855 (0) 92692166



Angkor Wat One Day Temple Hopping Guide :
4:30 am ETD to Angkor Archeological Park ticket booths (20 minutes)
5:00 am --Bought tickets for 1 day pass (20 USD)
5:30 am - 7:00 AM – Sunrise at Angkor Wat
8:30 am -- Banteay Srei (around an hour going there via tuktuk, but best to go here first instead of going in the Angkor Wat where all the tourist are at this hour)
10:00 am -- Pre Rup Temple
11:00 am -- 🍽 Lunch at a restaurant I can’t remember the name


Day spent well with these amazing pinays 💕
12:30 pm -- Angkor Thom Temple
1:30 pm -- Terrace of the Elephants, Terrace of the Leper King, Bayon Temple
2:30 pm -- Angkor Wat
4:30 pm -- Back to Guesthouse  and rest
6:00 PM -- Dinner at Pub Street
7:30 PM -- Shopping again at Night Market
12:00 Midnight -- Board overnight bus travelling back to BKK.. and yes I was able to make it safe and sound as you can notice 😀😀😀


You Might Also Like

0 comments